The 2017 Culture Club
Community Krauting Day
Saturday June 3
Once again we have partnered with Glenlyon's Adsum Farmhouse who have grown sugarloaf cabbages especially for the day. So if you don't have your own homegrown cabbages to bring along, you can pre-order Adsum Farm organic cabbages which will be freshly picked the day before the krauting day.
Cabbages are $3 each. Pls email your order to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday June 1 and pay on the day. Pls bring exact change.
Please bring along:
- one or more cabbages (if you are bringing your own)
- optional: onion, garlic, chili, spices (coriander, fennel, star anise, caraway etc)
- large bowl (preferably stainless steel) for pounding into
- pounding tool - eg. pestle or potato masher
- large chopping knife
- chopping board
- wide mouthed jars or crock - size depends on quantity of ingredients you want to make up. About 1 litre is a good size to start with.
We are looking forward to seeing you there!!