We are excited to once again be partnering with Serge from Blampied's Captain's Creek Organic Farm who is growing us cabbages especially for the day. If you don't have any own homegrown cabbages to bring along, you can pre-order your cabbages which will be freshly picked for the krauting day.
Cabbages are $3 each. Please email how many you would like to firstname.lastname@example.org by Saturday April 27. Please bring exact change on the day.
Please bring along:
- one or more cabbages (if you are bringing your own)
- salt (non-iodised is best)
- optional: onion, garlic, chili, spices (coriander, fennel, star anise, caraway etc)
- large bowl (preferably stainless steel) for pounding into
- pounding tool - eg. pestle or potato masher
- large chopping knife
- chopping board
- wide mouthed jars or crock - size depends on quantity of ingredients you want to make up. About 1 litre is a good size to start with.
If you have any questions please call Meg on 0418 523 308.
We are looking forward to seeing you there!!
Please remember all HRN events are waste-free. No single-use plastic please, including disposable coffee cups.