Working with our herbal allies
At our recent Wild Fennel dinner it was decided that this exciting new community group will meet on the third Saturday of each month.
Please join us:
Saturday 21st of September
Senior Citizen's Kitchen, rear of Daylesford Town Hall
- an introduction to harvesting, processing and storing herbs
- a look at the foundational actions and how to use our physical senses to discern medicinal properties of plants
- a closer look at calendula; medicinal actions, uses and how to make a calendula infused oil
- pen and paper to take notes
- any herbs, plants, seeds or homemade remedies you would like to share at the end of the workshop
This is a free gathering and everyone is welcome.
Each month, under the tutelage of herbalist Rosie Cooper, Wild Fennel will look at different aspects of herbal medicine and focus on a particular plant, with the intention of reclaiming herbal medicine as an accessible mode of healthcare for ourselves and our community to bring us into closer connection with the land and plants where we live.
We will continue to meet on the third Saturday of each month. For those who are on FB, here is the link to the Wild Fennel group:
And here is the link to the September event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/601137177081022/
* * *
Some reminders re upcoming events:
Tuesday Sept 17: Extinction Rebellion workshop and info session in Daylesford
Wednesday Sept 18: Daylesford #ClimateStrike Crafternoon
Friday Sept 20: Global Climate Strike, Melbourne
Saturday Oct 5: Daylesford Culture Club
Saturday Oct 12: Daylesford Community Food Gardens monthly working bee
Saturday Oct 19: Wild Fennel
Sunday Oct 20: Daylesford Repair Café