We're having another food survey meeting this coming Monday 25/10. Anyone interested in helping with the project, contact us for details.
Other dates for your calendar...
- Hepburn Hollow community fire prep working bee, 10am-1pm, this Sunday 24 October: Come along and enjoy the company of neighbours and friends while we work together to clear up and reduce fire hazard. Learn some great methods you can apply elsewhere too while you're at it (like your place!). Bring a picnic or something to share at the end if you have time to stick around.
- Critical Mass, 5pm, Friday 29 October: Meet at the zebra crossing outside Daylesford Primary School.
Just to note for now, to be confirmed, details to follow:
- 11/11 Dinner at Conti and film: The Oiling of America (about edible oil, not peak oil)
- 9/12 Final HRN event for 2010: Community dinner
Also we're getting ready already (!) for next year with some workshops and networking in the works... So keep these things in mind when you're in your garden in the coming months:
- Preserving workshops: How to preserve your excess produce so you can eat your yummy fruit and veg between seasons. Keep in mind to keep any produce you don't eat or give away to preserve together with friends, learn ways to preserve and share the work at the same time!
- Seed saving and sharing group: Check out your plants as they grow and keep some aside to save the seeds. Take note of how they fare in different conditions, any special flavours or helpful traits to treasure for the next season and share around. And you can even start now if you have anything currently going to seed! Check out some general info about Seed Savers networks here. Let us know if you have any great ideas. Stay tuned for more information...
Also, if you need any clothes altered or mended, the Hepburn Post Office has an alteration and mending service. Useful local service to know about!